Hz Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA) was one of the closest friends and companions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). He was a pious man and the most powerful and influential Caliph. Hz Umar (RA) was well known for his intelligence, political sense, impartiality, justice and pure character. This impartiality and justice is also visible in sayings and quotes by Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA).
In this post, we have enlisted 10 wise quotes by Umar (RA), the greatest Caliph of Islam. But first, let us learn a bit about Hz Umar (RA) himself.
Hz Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA): Leader of the People
Hz Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA) was given the title of al-Farooq which meant “the one who distinguishes between right and wrong”. His actions spoke well about his character, his integrity and his love for the poor. He used to patrol the streets at night under guise so that he could be aware of the actual situation and hardships of the people.
Hz Umar (RA) was a great leader and a pioneering figure who always favored individual freedom and self-respect. He followed the principle of equality very strictly and showed respect for all individuals including non-Muslims. He ordered Muslims to treat non-Muslims with respect and his Covenant continues to be held in high esteem even today.
Hz Umar (RA) was one of the greatest leaders this world has ever seen. His Caliphate period stands out as the golden age of Islam. He liberated the world from various gigantic oppressive empires such as the Sassanids and Byzantines.
Hz Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA) always desired peace over war. He ordered Muslim armies to leave the natives of the conquered lands in peace and not to force the natives to revert to Islam. As a ruler and administrator, he introduced the police force for internal safety, gave stipends to the poor, constructed cantonments and forts, established Public Treasury and Court of Justice, improved agriculture and economics, and founded the educational system.
Wisdom of al-Farooq: 10 Quotes by Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA)
Hz Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA) always had a sound opinion which made him a very powerful leader and a human being par excellence. There is much wisdom that we can learn from his life and manners. In this post, we take a look at ten amazing and wise quotes by Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA).
To share an individual picture, simply hover over the image and click the social buttons.
1. Don’t forget your own self while preaching to others.
2. Patience is a pillar of Faith.
3. Luxury does not last forever.
4. No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future.
5. The best way to defeat someone is to beat him at politeness.
6. Whosoever shows you your faults is your friend. Those that pay you lip service in praise are your executioners.
7. Let not your love become attachment nor your hate become destruction.
8. Do not grieve over what has passed unless it makes you work harder for what is about to come.
9. The less attachment to the world, the easier your life.
10. Be dignified, honest and truthful.
Need more? Check out some amazing quotes by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).